April is a special month for Lead Up; we are celebrating our one year anniversary. And what a year it’s been!
With the hard work and dedication of the Lead Up team, our program has matured and grown – much like the young people we have the privilege to serve.
- Our first leaders (The Class of 2018) are heading off to college; with scholarships recognizing their hard work and focus on their goals.
- Sophomore and Junior Leaders are improving their GPA’s and are progressing in their roles as leaders and role models.
- New partners are stepping forward and getting involved in our unique program model by introducing our students to the professional world and the many pathways they can pursue.
- Our new blog Next Up, will debut next month. It will reach out to a national audience exploring topics related to college and career through the keen lens of our student leaders.
- Lead Up students are giving back to the community through unique activities that combine service to others with team building and project management skills prized in the workplace.
Success has a way of inspiring us towards new challenges and we are doing just that. In May we will select another class of leaders; increasing the number of students Lead Up serves at North Star High School. “Lincoln Links” might be excited to know that we are actively planning for a late fall expansion to your alma mater, Lincoln High.
The staff and students of Lead Up are energized and dreaming big as we blow out the candles and launch into another year of delivering our mission of developing Lincoln’s next generation of community leaders.
But we can’t do it alone.
Give to Lincoln Day is coming, and you can help us celebrate our impact -present and future – with a donation to Lead Up. It’s a great time to invest in Lincoln’s youth because every donation will be proportionally matched by the Lincoln Community Foundation. Click here to wish us a Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday Lead Up! Together, we can make some very special things happen in our city.
Founder & CEO